- Food scraps, including meat, bones and dairy
- Coffee grinds
- Soiled papers like paper towels, cardboard, tissues and greasy pizza boxes
- Yard waste including grass, leaves, small amounts of fallen fruit, and branches that are no bigger than 24 inches, or two feet, with a two-inch diameter (this is to ensure that material can get through the truck's “hopper” system).
- Coffee pods
- Stickers, bits of plastic or rubber bands from produce items
- Garden tags or plastic accessories from planters/flowers
- Aluminum foil
- Pet feces
- Compostable or biodegradable plastics (these labels aren't consistently regulated in the industry which means they may not break down as required and could end up contaminating the compost stream)
- Invasive weeds from yard waste, such as Knotweeds and blackberry bushes. See a full list of noxious weeds on the BC Government website here(External link).
Pet feces, produce stickers and accessories, coffee pods and invasive weeds should be disposed of in the garbage or at the AV Landfill, all other items can be dropped off at the Ucluelet of Tofino Recycling Depot.
For more information go to: www.letsconnectacrd.ca
To minimize human-bear conflicts please keep garbage away from bears.
- Please do not leave your garbage bin out overnight!
- Keep organics in a secure organic bin.
- Store in an enclosed and secure area until collection day.
- Keep garbage binds free or organics.
- Bring your bins back from the curb after collection.
- Rinse periodically.
- Clean your BBQ after each use.
- Manage fruit trees by picking ripe fruits.
Ozzard Environmental does not issue garbage tags.
To purchase additional garbage tags, please contact:
District of Ucluelet 250-726-7744
District of Tofino 250-725-3229
Cost for tags is $3.00 CDN.
*Price effective Aug 24, 2020 and may increase.
Please contact your District for latest updates.